OUR TEAM | Jon Bernstein
Who is Jon?
Jon is an award-winning journalist, editor, digital consultant and digital strategist. He served as deputy editor and later digital director at the New Statesman. In 2011, Jon was named Consumer Website Editor of the Year by the British Society of Magazine Editors for his work on NewStatesman.com.
Jon has also served as multimedia editor at Channel 4 News (running the Channel 4 FactCheck website during the 2005 general election), as editor-in-chief of Directgov (working in the Cabinet Office’s eGovernment Unit), and as editor-in-chief of dot- com start- up and technology website silicon.com.
These days Jon splits his time between freelance work as an editor, writer and digital media consultant, while also running digital media training workshops and moderating events.
Areas of expertise
Editing, writing, training, event chairing, digital media and social media consultancy and training.
Throughout his career Jon has worked with some of the best and brightest brands, including the New Statesman, Channel 4 News, Press Gazette, ITN, Prospect, The Guardian, Frontline Club, Computer Business Review, Amnesty International, City & Guilds, IBM, E&Y, Accenture, BlackBerry, Gatwick Airport and EE.
What can Jon do for you?
- Digital media consultancy for publishing companies and other organisations that want to make more effective use of their online presence
- Workshops and bespoke training on topics such as writing for the web, social and digital media
- Writing services across a range of subjects including digital media, information technology, politics and policy, current affairs and sport
- Editing and commissioning special supplements and other one-off publishing projects
- Chairing and moderating round tables, debates and panel events